What separates a quick loan from a traditional loan?May 17, 2022
Aged or expired domains have been around for several years, and expert domainers have seen what the future holds. Take, for instance, dot-com domains. They will be worth nearly 20 times their value in ten years, with some prime examples changing hands at six figures, but why?
The following are the reasons why aged domains are so expensive:
- Experience: Older domain names have been around for longer and therefore have a track record of success. In the web world, experience matters. Older domains have more traffic and a better track record of ranking for specific keywords in search engines.
- Trust: As Google is the most popular search engine, many people invest in Google-friendly domains. These include a complete suite of keywords that are relevant to your industry. Your domain will also be associated with strong, high-quality backlinks and be associated with websites that can provide much-needed exposure to your target audience.
- Reputation: Most people have a face with their name. According to experts at SEOlutions, if you use an aged domain, it becomes easier for your website to get noticed in search engines through social media or SEO, for example. It also allows you to expand the reach of the site or its content – the more people see it, the higher it will be shown in search results.
- Ease of use: When you choose an aged domain, you will find that it is more user-friendly for both the visitor and the search engine. As your domain has been well-established, search engines can quickly identify the pages on your site and understand them better.
- Affordability: As long as you have patience and a commitment to your project, aged domains can be very affordable. You will find that they are usually priced at or below what similar or competing sites are going for.
- Authority: With an aged domain and thousands of backlinks already in place, you can harness the site’s authority with just a little effort. This is a massive advantage over other sites in your industry because it will help to establish your website as the premier source for information and help it rank more quickly.
- Quality: The older the domain, the more likely it is to be of high quality. Companies that established the domain researched and knew what their visitors wanted from their site.
- Reliability: Over time, many sites are abandoned by their owners, and the number of sites using the same domain name dwindles to just a few.
Using a domain name that has been around the block a few times will help ensure your website’s success. It will also help to build trust and authority and make it easier for you to rank in search engines. While it might cost a little more, it is worth the investment.